There may be times that you want to convert SmartDocs content to plain Microsoft® Word content.
- You want SmartDocs to stop recognizing reusable snippet content as a reusable snippet.
- You want to unconditionalize many instances of conditional text at one time.
- You want to convert reusable variable content to plain text.
You can use the Convert to Plain Content feature to easily convert SmartDocs content to plain Microsoft Word content.
To Convert SmartDocs Content to Plain Microsoft Word Content
- Go to the SmartDocs tab.
- Select the Selection drop-down menu.
- Select Convert to Plain Content.
- Select the check boxes for the content that you want to convert to plain content.
- Click Convert.
Why not just right-click in the snippet or variable & select "Remove Content Control" in the drop-down? It's quicker than using the SmartDocs tab.
There is no such "Selection" drop-down in my SmartDocs installation.
Also, I have deleted all of the tags from my MS Word document, but it will not output to PDF using my typical Acrobat menu-based plug in from MS Word - I am still forced to "Publish to PDF" from the SmartDocs menu. Why and how do I completely remove any lingering SmartDocs code in the file?